The "Green Roof" on our building, above.
We believe that beautiful, quality flooring doesn't need to cost the environment and as a company, we strive to implement practices that preserve the earth, and promote the well being of our customers and employees.
Starting with our own building, we have built in the following green features to reduce energy use and waste:
- A live "green roof" with an insulation value of R75.
- 18" thick insulated concrete walls
- Hydronic radiant floor heating as the primary heat source
- High-efficiency hot water on-demand
- LED lighting indoors and outdoors
Ceramic and porcelain tile are naturally "green".
Once you have selected your tile, you can enjoy it's many eco-friendly benefits:
- Tile is built to last, A properly installed tile surface will last for a lifetime, unlike many other floor coverings which have a short lifespan, This significantly reduces the cost over many years, as well as diverting tons of waste from landfills.
- Porcelain and Ceramic tile contain no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). This makes them a healthy choice since they do not add toxicity to the air.
- Tile is hypoallergenic, inhibiting the growth of mould, germs and bacteria.
- Tile is a low maintenance product that eliminates the need for harsh chemical and toxic cleaners.
- Choosing porcelain and ceramic tile in a new build can contribute to LEED certification.
We've also extended our Green efforts to include products that are manufactured with the environment in mind. We source porcelain, ceramic and resilient flooring from factories that implement environmentally friendly manufacturing practices and conform to standards such as ISO 14001, EU Ecolabel and other Eco certifications. These options feature the Eco Design symbol to help you easily identify and choose environmentally responsible products for your home.